We are the preferred choice of law firm for our discerning clients because:
- when we handle their claims they are treated like people and not a number or file;
- our senior lawyers and partners (not paralegals or junior lawyers) work on your case;
- we are contactable (during and outside business hours); and
- we take on fewer cases so that our cases are given the legal attention and propriety they deserve.
If this sounds like the right law firm for you, contact us for a confidential and obligation-free discussion.
Request a no-obligation free call from a qualified legal expert
We are experienced and technically skilled lawyers who will endeavour to find the most cost effective path to resolving your financial claim with your financial services provider and/or professional advisor and minimise the stress and frustration involved as you go through the process.
Resolving Your Claim or Dispute
If you find yourself embroiled in a dispute with a financial institution or professional advisor and believe that they have acted against your rights or you have suffered loss or damage there are various informal and formal processes available to you.
A Proven Record
We have assisted our clients in disputes involving:
- errors made by major banks in the administration of loans, accounts, deposits, withdrawals and fraudulent transactions;
- major banks over-charging interest, imposing incorrect break cost charges and making misrepresentations to customers and account holders;
- finance companies not doing the right thing when signing up clients as guarantors;
- financial planners or wealth advisers in recommending investments in what turn out to be dodgy financial products and funds;
- stock brokers or wealth advisers in recommending investment in shares and companies that do not fit the client’s risk profile or accord with our client’s instructions;
- denial by insurance companies of legitimate claims;
- incorrect assessments and underpayment by insurance companies of legitimate claims;
- accountants giving bad tax advice causing clients financial loss and damage; and
- bad advice provided by solicitors on loans and mortgages, property transactions and business transactions.
We provide answers to some common questions, such as: Does it matter where I live? What is a financial or professional service? How can I try to recoup my economic or financial losses or get my money back?
Here are details of some recent examples of financial claim cases we’ve been involved with, including banks, a financial planning and stockbroking firm and an accounting and professional services firm.
Australian Financial Claims Lawyers
Westpac Securities Administration Ltd v Australian Securities and Investments Commission  HCA 3
“Thank you again so much for yours and your wonderful teams work on this case, it is beyond appreciated and you have all been beyond lovely, prompt, informative and so amazing to deal with I can’t thank you all enough…I confirm that the below funds have been received. Thanks a million again.”Carly W
“I would like to thank you for your guidance and efforts throughout this process.Your professionalism has been the key factor behind this determination.”Anthony S.
“Thanks Steve… Appreciate your hard work.”Michelle H.
“Thank you Andre. It was a pleasure working with you, and I appreciate your diligence and wise advice. A very successful outcome. Hope our paths pass again.. and not necessarily involving litigation!”James W.
“Steve, thanks very much for a generous and thorough meeting , giving me a great sense of confidence and solid insights.”John K.
“Thanks Steve. That makes sense. We will work on the numbers and appreciate the prompt response as usual.”Michele H.
“Thanks again for the robust meeting Steve. We are on the job.”Audrey & John K.